Jobs in Beijing | Shanghai | Tianjin | Nanjing | Suzhou | Hangzhou | Guangzhou | Shenzhen | Dongguan | Dalian | Qingdao | Chongqing | Harbin

Notice for Foreign Citizens to Apply and Extend Residence Permit for Employment in China (Temporary)

Posted 2020/3/12

Ⅰ Application Objects
Foreigners who are employed or work in Beijing can apply and extend residence permit.

Ⅱ Application Materials
1.Valid passport or other international travel certificates;
2.Valid Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors issued by police station of the temporary residence or hotels in Beijing;
3.Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo and official seal of the Unit. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
4.The inviting units should register and submit relevant certification in accordance with the law. On the basis of different properties, the inviting units can submit duplicates of enterprise business license with annual inspection, registration certificate for permanent representative institution of foreign (regional) enterprise, legal person certificate of public institution, practicing license for representative institution of foreign law office and permission certificate for running school, etc. The inviting units which include government organs, diplomatic and consular institutions and public colleges and universities can exempt from registering and submitting relevant certification in accordance with the law.
5.Certifications including employment permit, certification of foreign experts and residence permit for studying and working abroad issued by the competent department of human resources or foreign expert office. Foreigners who participate in recreational and sports activities should submit the performance license, relevant correspondence and list issued by the competent department of culture and sports.
6.Foreigners who enter into China with non-Z visa should submit certification materials in accordance with the introduction condition and requirement of foreign high-level talents and professional personnel in urgent need of China determined by competent department of Chinese government.
7.Foreigners who are more than 18 years old and apply for residence permit for the first time should submit health certificate issued by Beijing entry-exit health and quarantine department (or the Beijing international travel health care center).
8.Other relevant certification documents that the Exit-entry Administration Department consider it necessary to submit.

Ⅲ Timeline for Application
Foreigners can apply for residence permit in accordance with the duration of holding employment permit, certification of foreign experts and residence permit for studying and working abroad and the duration of stay must not less than 90 days.

Ⅳ Points for Attention
1.Applicants will be required to accept a face-to-face interview. Applicants who are under 16 years of age, senior of 60 years old or disabled by disease and other reasons applying for the extension of their residence permit, the application submitted by entrusted party is also allowed, but the Entrustment Letter issued by the host organization must be presented. And the entrustee should bring ID card. The accepting unit can request to have face-to-face interview with the applicant when it’s necessary, and make necessary inquiry to applicants.
2.The Inviting units shall be required to register for the record in the Exit-entry Administration Bureau.
3.For the above-stated materials, if with no special instructions, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies in A4 paper.
4.Application materials with foreign language (except for English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company and submitted finally.
5.Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by police station will be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department consider it necessary.

Ⅴ Warm Prompt of Regulation
1.Foreigners residing in China who apply for the extension of the duration of residence shall, file application within 30 days prior to the expiry of the validity period on their residence permits.
2.Where the registered item in a foreigner's residence permit has changed, the holder shall ,within 10 days from the date of change, apply for going through the formalities for alteration.
3.If units find foreign employers to leave, change working area, violate the provisions of the administration of entry or exit, die or disappear, etc, they shall timely report to the Exit-entry Administration Department.
4.Entities or individuals that issue written invitations shall be liable for the fidelity of the contents.
5.The Exit-entry Administration Department of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau may verify the authenticity of the applicants’ purpose through interviews, telephone inquiry and investigation. The applicants and the inviting units issuing the invitation letters and certificate materials shall cooperate.
6.Decisions made by the exit-entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners’ stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.
7.The visa-issuing authorities are not required to give reasons for refusing the issuance of a visa.

Hot Article

Job searchAdvanced